Film, Video Charles Hamilton Houston & World War I
About this Item
- Charles Hamilton Houston & World War I
- Before Charles Hamilton Houston became the chief attorney for the NAACP and a mentor to Thurgood Marshall, he was a young officer serving in a segregated military during the First World War. Curator Ryan Reft discusses Houston's wartime experiences and their influence on his later work.
- Event Date
- December 12, 2017
- Related Resources
- Echoes of the Great War: American Experiences of World War I: https://www.loc.gov/exhibitions/world-war-i-american-experiences/about-this-exhibition
- NAACP: A Century in the Fight for Freedom: https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/naacp/
- Running Time
- 31 minutes, 35 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Charles Hamilton Houston & World War I. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8203/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Charles Hamilton Houston & World War I. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8203/.
MLA citation style:
Charles Hamilton Houston & World War I. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8203/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEducation in the 21st Century
- Date: 2009-03-16
Film, VideoRemembering Our Father: The Story of M. Carl Holman
- Date: 2009-02-10
Film, VideoCrusader and Ottoman Fortress at Acre
- Contributor: Peleg, Shelley-Anne
- Date: 2009-04-20
Film, VideoElaine Kaplan Keynotes LGBT Pride Month
- Contributor: Kaplan, Elaine
- Date: 2009-06-30
Film, VideoWorld Digital Library Demonstration
- Contributor: Grant, Martina - De La Paz, Alejandra - Howell, Mark - Goslins, Rachel
- Date: 2009-09-15