Film, Video GIS Day 2017: Humanities and Technology (Afternoon)
About this Item
- GIS Day 2017: Humanities and Technology (Afternoon)
- Afternoon session of a daylong event highlighting geographic information technology and its impact on the work of policymakers, researchers and librarians in Washington and nationwide. Speakers included John Hessler and Owen Williams.
- Event Date
- November 14, 2017
- Related Resources
- Geography & Map Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/geogmap/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 56 minutes, 7 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
GIS Day: Humanities and Technology Afternoon. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8215/.
APA citation style:
(2017) GIS Day: Humanities and Technology Afternoon. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8215/.
MLA citation style:
GIS Day: Humanities and Technology Afternoon. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8215/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoHuexotzinco Codex (webinar)
- Contributor: Hessler, John
- Date: 2018-05-09
Film, VideoRe-Examining the Portolan Chart: History, Navigation and Science
- Contributor: France, Fenella - Pflederer,, Richard - Sandman, Alison - Hessler, John - Edson, Evelyn
- Date: 2010-05-21
Film, VideoMapping the Great War
- Contributor: Moore, Ryan - Doyle, Peter
- Date: 2017-05-25
Film, VideoNational Geospatial Digital Archive: A Partnership Network
- Contributor: Carver, Larry
- Date: 2006-12-06
Film, VideoWarping Waldseemuller: Computer Modeling and the Quest to Understand the 1507 and 1516 World Maps
- Contributor: Hessler, John
- Date: 2006-11-29