Film, Video Library of Congress Literacy Awards Best Practice Honorees: CommonLit
About this Item
- Library of Congress Literacy Awards Best Practice Honorees: CommonLit
- A profile of CommonLit, an honoree for best practices in the 2017 Library of Congress Literary Awards. CommonLit is one of four honorees in the category of "Reading Instruction and Training," including organizations that both teach reading and teach reading tutors.
- Event Date
- November 28, 2017
- - Michelle Brown is Founder and CEO of CommonLit, an award-winning nonprofit education technology organization dedicated to improving adolescent literacy rates. At CommonLit.org, teachers can access a free digital library of open educational resources for the fifth through 12th grades: poems, short stories, news articles, historical documents and excerpts from classic literature organized by themes that students love to discuss.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: //www.read.gov/cfb/
- Library of Congress Literacy Awards: //read.gov/literacyawards/
- Running Time
- 6 minutes, 46 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library of Congress Literacy Awards Best Practice Honorees: CommonLit. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8236/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Library of Congress Literacy Awards Best Practice Honorees: CommonLit. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8236/.
MLA citation style:
Library of Congress Literacy Awards Best Practice Honorees: CommonLit. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8236/>.