Film, Video On the Other Side of the Mic: Perspective from the Interviewer
About this Item
- On the Other Side of the Mic: Perspective from the Interviewer
- A panel of experts discussed how oral interviews serve the objectives of the U.S. American Vietnam War Commemoration and the Library's Veterans History Project and ultimately, the value they bring to scholars and the general public.
- Event Date
- October 25, 2017
- - Karen Lloyd is the director of the Veterans History Project.
- - Andrew J. Ringlee is a historian for the U.S. American Vietnam War Commemoration.
- - Joseph L. Galloway was a photojournalist during the Vietnam War and the co-author of "We Were Soldiers Once... and Young."
- - Retired Col. Mark R. Franklyn is a history and legacy branch chief for the 50th anniversary of the U.S. American Vietnam War Commemoration.
- - Emily Carley is the director of the Witness to War Foundation.
- - Guha Shankar is a folklife specialist at the Library's American Folklife Center.
- Related Resources
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 25 minutes, 32 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
On the Other Side of the Mic: Perspective from the Interviewer. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8243/.
APA citation style:
(2017) On the Other Side of the Mic: Perspective from the Interviewer. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8243/.
MLA citation style:
On the Other Side of the Mic: Perspective from the Interviewer. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8243/>.