Film, Video Rwanda Women Rising
About this Item
- Rwanda Women Rising
- Swanee Hunt discussed her book "Rwandan Women Rising," the story of how the female population of the tiny African nation led that country's rebirth after the horrific 1994 genocide that left nearly a million dead.
- Event Date
- November 07, 2017
- - A former U.S. Ambassador to Austria, Swanee Hunt chairs the Washington-based Institute for Inclusive Security. She is the Eleanor Roosevelt Lecturer in Public Policy at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, CEO of Hunt Alternatives and a member of the U.S. Council on Foreign Relations.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 56 minutes, 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rwanda Women Rising. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8253/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Rwanda Women Rising. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8253/.
MLA citation style:
Rwanda Women Rising. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8253/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTimbuktu Manuscipts and the Efforts to Maintain the Desert
- Contributor: Haidara, Abdel Kader
- Date: 2003-09-03
Film, VideoThe Art of Splendor: Islamic Luxury Goods
- Contributor: Mack, Rosamond E.
- Date: 2004-04-19
Film, VideoWomen in Iran: Past, Present and Future
- Contributor: Nafisi, Azar
- Date: 2004-03-16
Film, VideoReport from Armenia: 2003
- Contributor: Ordway, John M.
- Date: 2004-01-08
Film, VideoJewish Women's Issues
- Contributor: Schneider, Susan Weidman
- Date: 2004-03-30