Film, Video The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund: Comics & the Power of Intellectual Freedom
About this Item
- The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund: Comics & the Power of Intellectual Freedom
- Charles Brownstein shared the history of comic book censorship from the medium's origins to the present day. He discussed the censorship trend that began in the 1940s, and how history informs legal challenges to graphic novels today. This program is the sixth annual SPX Festival program sponsored by the Library of Congress through its Serial and Government Publications Division.
- September 15, 2017
- - Charles Brownstein is the executive director of the non-profit Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.
- Serial & Government Publications Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/news/
- 1 hours 11 minutes 24 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund: Comics & the Power of Intellectual Freedom. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8259/.
APA citation style:
(2017) The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund: Comics & the Power of Intellectual Freedom. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8259/.
MLA citation style:
The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund: Comics & the Power of Intellectual Freedom. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8259/>.