Film, Video Making Space for Indigenous Law
About this Item
- Making Space for Indigenous Law
- Carrie N. Lyons moderated a conversation with Leo Crippa and Armstrong Wiggins about respectful representation of indigenous peoples.
- November 28, 2017
- - Carrie N. Lyons is a section research manager in the Congressional Research Service of the Library of Congress.
- - Armstrong Wiggins is the director of the Washington, D.C. office for the Indian Law Resource Center.
- - Leonardo A. Crippa is a senior attorney working for the Indian Law Resource Center, a non-profit law and advocacy organization established and directed by American Indians. It provides legal assistance to Indian and Alaska Native nations who are working to protect their lands, resources, human rights, environment and cultural heritage. Its principal goal is the preservation and well-being of Indian and other Native nations and tribes.
- 1 hours 8 minutes 46 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Making Space for Indigenous Law. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8264/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Making Space for Indigenous Law. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8264/.
MLA citation style:
Making Space for Indigenous Law. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8264/>.