Film, Video Eva Ybarra, Queen of the Accordion
About this Item
- Eva Ybarra, Queen of the Accordion
- "Queen of the Accordion" Eva Ybarra performed a concert of conjunto music.
- September 13, 2017
- - Joe Perez is the bass player in Eva Ybarra y Su Conjunto.
- - Rick Perez is the guitar in Eva Ybarra y Su Conjunto.
- - Pete Lopez is the drummer in Eva Ybarra y Su Conjunto.
- - Sandy Rodriguez is a vocalist in Eva Ybarra y Su Conjunto.
- - Eva Ybarra, the "Queen of the Accordion," is one of on.y a few professional women accordionists in conjunto music. Ybarra has specialized in writing and composing original conjunto music while also exploring non-standard chord progressions, advancing the art form's evolution. After receiving her first record deal at age 14, she has performed and recorded many albums with her band, Eva Ybarra y Su Conjunto. Her notable recordings include "A Mi San Antonio" (1993) and "Romance Inolvidable" (1996). She has also served as a music educator and artist in residence at the University of Washington, Palo Alto College (San Antonio) and the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center. Ybarra is in the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center Conjunto Hall of Fame, the Tejano R.O.O.T.S Hall of Fame, the Univision Salon de Fama and the Tejano Conjunto Music Hall of Fame and Museum. In 2015, she received the South Texas Conjunto Association Lifetime Achievement Award.
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- 1 hours 7 minutes 38 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Eva Ybarra, Queen of the Accordion. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8273/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Eva Ybarra, Queen of the Accordion. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8273/.
MLA citation style:
Eva Ybarra, Queen of the Accordion. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8273/>.