Film, Video National Youth Poet Laureate Celebration
About this Item
- National Youth Poet Laureate Celebration
- 2017 National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman and the 2018 National Youth Poet Laureate finalists participated in a reading and moderated discussion with Michael Cirelli, executive director of Urban Word NYC. Jacqueline Woodson, National Ambassador for Young People's Literature, gave opening remarks. This event is free and open to the public. Presented in partnership with Urban Word.
- Event Date
- March 15, 2018
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 18 minutes 47 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
National Youth Poet Laureate Celebration. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8316/.
APA citation style:
(2018) National Youth Poet Laureate Celebration. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8316/.
MLA citation style:
National Youth Poet Laureate Celebration. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8316/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPoet Laureate Tracy K. Smith Inaugural Reading Tracy K. Smith gave her inaugural reading as the 22nd Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry. She was joined by National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman, who opened the event with an original...
- Contributor: Gorman, Amanda - Smith, Tracy K.
- Date: 2017-09-13
Film, VideoFrom the Black Arts Movement to Cave Canem: Master Class A private master class in children's literature held during a day-long symposium in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Black Arts Movement and the 20th anniversary of the literary organization Cave...
- Contributor: Alexander, Kwame - Brown, Jennifer - Woodson, Jacqueline - Low, Jason - Giovanni, Nikki - Pelham, Cassandra
- Date: 2016-06-13
Film, VideoLiterary Birthday Celebration: Langston Hughes Poets Dolores Kendrick and Evie Shockley celebrate the birthday of American poet Langston Hughes by reading selections from his work and discussing his influence on their own writing.
- Contributor: Shockley, Evie - Kendrick, Dolores
- Date: 2012-02-01
Film, VideoPizza & Poetry Jehanne Dubrow reads and discusses "Stateside", a book of poems which lyrically details the experiences of a military wife.
- Contributor: Dubrow, Jehanne
- Date: 2012-02-03
Film, VideoKarl Ove Knausgaard Reads from "My Struggle: Book One" Norwegian novelist Karl Ove Knausgaard reads selections from his novel 'My Struggle: Book One' and discusses the state of contemporary Norwegian literature.
- Contributor: Knausgaard, Karl Ove
- Date: 2012-05-02