Film, Video Reading Lu Xun Through Carl Jung
About this Item
- Reading Lu Xun Through Carl Jung
- Carolyn Brown discussed her just-published book "Reading Lu Xun Through Carl Jung," which offers a unique approach to the short stories of the most famous modern Chinese writer, Lu Xun (1881-1936). Brown uses foundational elements of the psychology of Carl Jung (1875-1961), who with Freud was the founder of modern Western psychology, to illuminate key structures in the works of this great writer. Approaching these works from a unique direction, Brown's lecture will shed new light on the psychological patterns within Lu Xun???s most famous story, "The True Story of Ah Q."
- Event Date
- April 12, 2018
- - Carolyn Brown is a scholar of Chinese literature and the former director of the John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Asian Division at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/asian/
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 2 minutes, 37 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Reading Lu Xun Through Carl Jung. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8333/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Reading Lu Xun Through Carl Jung. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8333/.
MLA citation style:
Reading Lu Xun Through Carl Jung. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8333/>.