Film, Video Women in STEM Careers
About this Item
- Women in STEM Careers
- Special guests from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) lead a program designed to inspire young people to be curious and passionate about careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Svetlana Kotliarova, cancer researcher and scientific review officer, and Yuri Kotliarov, staff scientist at the Center for Human Immunology at NIH, highlighted items from the "Scientific Data: Observing, Recording, and Communicating Information" Primary Source Set from the Library's Teachers page and data analysis using the Library's Chronicling America newspaper collections.
- Event Date
- March 08, 2018
- Related Resources
- Young Readers Center: //www.read.gov/yrc/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 3 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Women in STEM Careers. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8368/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Women in STEM Careers. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8368/.
MLA citation style:
Women in STEM Careers. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8368/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWomen in Science
- Contributor: Kotliarova, Svetlana
- Date: 2017-02-28
Film, VideoR.L. Stine & the Legacy of Goosebumps
- Contributor: Stine, R.L. - Potter, Lee Ann
- Date: 2018-10-03
Film, VideoSeparate Is Never Equal
- Contributor: Tonatiuh, Duncan
- Date: 2015-09-17
Film, VideoStar Wars Readers Theater
- Contributor: Diterlizzi, Tony - Gidwitz, Adam - Bracken, Alexandra - Angleberger, Tom
- Date: 2015-12-07
Film, VideoJabberwalking with Juan Felipe Herrera
- Contributor: Herrera, Juan Felipe
- Date: 2018-03-04