Film, Video ASCAP 2017: We Write the Songs
About this Item
- ASCAP 2017: We Write the Songs
- The Library of Congress hosted the annual American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Foundation's "We Write the Songs" concert, featuring the songwriters performing and telling the stories behind their own music. Songwriters and performers include The Hooters (Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman), Ledisi, Erick Walls, Stevie Wonder, Raul Midon, Rob Thomas, Camille Thurman, Gordon Kennedy, Peter Frampton, Paul Williams and Mentor Williams. Program: The Hooters (Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman), "Time After Time" [7:27] "And We Danced" [11:50]Ledisi, "Alright" with Erick Walls [20:09]Stevie Wonder, "Higher Ground" [26:24]Raul Midon, "Pedal to the Metal" [34:18] "State of Mind" [39:46]Rob Thomas, "3AM" [49:26] "Smooth" [55:10]Camille Thurman, "Pursuit With a Purpose" [1:04:02]Gordon Kennedy and Peter Frampton, "Change the World" [1:15:26] "Baby I Love Your Way" [1:21:20]Mentor Williams, "Drift Away" [1:30:35]
- Event Date
- April 25, 2017
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 34 minutes, 25 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
ASCAP: We Write the Songs. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8382/.
APA citation style:
(2017) ASCAP: We Write the Songs. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8382/.
MLA citation style:
ASCAP: We Write the Songs. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8382/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLa Risonanza
- Date: 2012-11-29
Film, VideoCurtis Chamber Orchestra
- Contributor: Curtis Chamber Orchestra - Spano, Robert
- Date: 2015-03-07
Film, VideoAkademie für alte Musik Berlin
- Contributor: Akademie Fur Alte Musik Berlin
- Date: 2014-04-05
Film, VideoFranz Schubert's "Winterreise"
- Contributor: Drake, Julius - Bostridge, Ian
- Date: 2015-02-07
Film, VideoLeipzig String Quartet
- Contributor: Leipzig String Quartet
- Date: 2015-03-21