Film, Video The Orlando Consort
About this Item
- The Orlando Consort
- The Orlando Consort performs 15th-century music largely drawn from the "Laborde Chansonnier," a manuscript treasure held at the Library of Congress. This concert was part of the 2017 Founder's Day celebration in honor of Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge. Program: The Composers of the Laborde SongbookWalter Frye, "Ave regina celorum" [4:51]Robert Morton, "N'aray je jamais mieulx" [11:18]Hayne van Ghizeghem, "De tous bien plaine" [16:29]Firminus Caron, "Corps contre corps" [22:07]Johannes Ockeghem, "Presque transi" [24:05]Antoine Busnois, "A une dame" [29:25] "Ja que li ne s'i attende" [35:06]Anonymous, "La plus grant chière" [38:11]Loyset Compère, Missa "Allez regretz" Gloria [42:48]Guillaume Dufay, "Vostre bruit et vostre grant fame" [47:37] "Malheuruex cuer, que vieulx tu faire?" [56:25] "Se la face ay pale" [1:01:01] Missa Se "la face ay pale" Sanctus and Benedictus [1:03:25]Dufay or Gilles Binchois, "Je ne vis onques" [1:10:12]Jehan Molinet, "Tart ara mon cuer" [1:13:06]Josquin Desprez, "In Te Domine Speravi" [1:15:53]
- Event Date
- October 30, 2017
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 19 minutes, 4 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Orlando Consort. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8386/.
APA citation style:
(2017) The Orlando Consort. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8386/.
MLA citation style:
The Orlando Consort. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8386/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoColin Currie & Nicolas Hodges
- Contributor: Hodges, Nicolas - Currie, Colin
- Date: 2018-03-24
Film, VideoClaremont Trio with Misha Amory
- Contributor: Claremont Trio - Amory, Misha
- Date: 2015-02-20
Film, VideoKristian Bezuidenhout Concert
- Contributor: Bezuidenhout, Kristian
- Date: 2016-10-26
Film, VideoU.S. Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps Historical Ensemble
- Contributor: U.S. Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps Historical Ensemble
- Date: 2019-02-27
Film, VideoDoric Quartet Concert
- Contributor: Doric Quartet
- Date: 2018-02-17