Film, Video Symposium on Ancient Oman (morning)
About this Item
- Symposium on Ancient Oman (morning)
- Morning session of an all-day symposium, "Ancient Oman: Archaeological Digs and Historical Discoveries in the Sultanate of Oman." The symposium was sponsored in partnership with the Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center.
- Event Date
- April 24, 2018
- - Said bin Nasser Alsalmi is director general of the Office of the Adviser to His Majesty the Sultan for Cultural Affairs of Oman.
- - Kimberly D. Williams is associate professor of anthropology at Temple University and director of Social, Spatial and Bioarchaeological Historical Studies of Oman.
- - Eli Dollarhide is a doctoral student working together with Zenobie S. Garett in the department of anthropology at New York University on a project to map Magan.
- - Mark Kenoyer is professor of anthropology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Related Resources
- "Ancient Oman" symposium (afternoon session video): https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/feature_wdesc.php?rec=8412
- "Ancient Oman" symposium (blog post): //blogs.loc.gov/international-collections/2018/05/ancient-oman-archaeological-digs-and-historical-discoveries-in-the-sultanate-of-oman/
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 2 hours, 15 minutes, 55 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Symposium on Ancient Oman morning. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8411/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Symposium on Ancient Oman morning. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8411/.
MLA citation style:
Symposium on Ancient Oman morning. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8411/>.