Film, Video Jelly Roll Morton in Washington
About this Item
- Jelly Roll Morton in Washington
- John Szwed and Stephen Winick discuss Jelly Roll Morton and his work in Washington, D.C., including new information about Morton found at the Library of Congress.
- October 25, 2017
- - Stephen Winick is a folklorist and writer-editor at the American Folklife Center in the Library of Congress.
- - John Szwed is the John M. Musser Professor Emeritus of Anthropology, African American Studies and Film Studies at Yale University and an adjunct senior research scholar in the Center for Jazz Studies at Columbia University. He served as 2016-2017 Library of Congress Jazz Scholar.
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- 1 hours 22 minutes 38 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jelly Roll Morton in Washington. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8450/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Jelly Roll Morton in Washington. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8450/.
MLA citation style:
Jelly Roll Morton in Washington. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8450/>.