Film, Video Primary Sources for Research on North Korea
About this Item
- Primary Sources for Research on North Korea
- A panel discussion relating to providing practical skill-sets that can enhance and broaden a career in North Korea analysis and research. As nuclear anxieties and high-stakes diplomacy on the Korean Peninsula overtake the international stage and fill news headlines, it is not surprising that more and more students and young professionals are taking a deep interest in North Korea. However, knowing where to find clear-eyed analysis and primary-source information on North Korea is not simple, and there are few professional development opportunities for those seeking to begin a career working on North Korea-related issues. In order to help fill this gap, the National Committee on North Korea's Knowing North Korea workshop will provide graduate students and young professionals with a deep-dive overview of critical topics related to North Korea.
- Event Date
- August 14, 2018
- Related Resources
- Asian Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/asian/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 41 minutes 43 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Primary Sources for Research on North Korea. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8502/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Primary Sources for Research on North Korea. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8502/.
MLA citation style:
Primary Sources for Research on North Korea. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8502/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTraditional Chinese Wisdom and Business World Hsu Cho-Yun, professor of history and sociology at the University of Pittsburgh, will suggest how entrepreneurs can use traditional Chinese wisdom to promote business success.
- Contributor: Cho-Yun, Hsu
- Date: 2004-08-17
Film, VideoThe Future of Cataloging and Librarianship The Asian Division and The Chinese American Librarians Association, Greater Mid-Atlantic Chapter, presented a lecture given by Associate Librarian for Library Services Deanna Marcum.
- Contributor: Marcum, Deanna
- Date: 2005-04-22
Film, VideoHighlights of Japan-U.S. Relationship: History, Cultural Exchange and Future Development The Asian Division hosted a symposium featuring discussion on the "Highlights of Japan-U.S. Relationship: History, Cultural Exchange and Future Development." This symposium illuminates the long-standing exchanges between Japan and the United States...
- Contributor: Agawa, Naoyuki - Mineta, Norman - Auslin, Michael - Goto, Midori
- Date: 2007-04-06
Film, VideoAsian Pacific American Heritage Month Keynote Address Featuring Michelle Rhee Michelle Rhee, chancellor of the Washington, D.C., public schools, delivered the keynote address for the Library's 2008 celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. The 2008 national theme was "Leadership, Diversity, and...
- Contributor: Rhee, Michelle
- Date: 2008-05-07
Film, VideoBaghdad Jews in British Burma Anthropologist Ruth Fredman Cernea discusses the Jewish experience in the land of Burma in a lecture titled "Almost Englishmen: Baghdadi Jews in British Burma." For more than a century, Jews from the...
- Contributor: Cernea, Ruth Fredman
- Date: 2008-09-09