Film, Video Oral History: Storyteller Barbara Freeman
About this Item
- Oral History: Storyteller Barbara Freeman
- Interview with storyteller Barbara Freeman.
- Event Date
- September 06, 2018
- - Storyteller Barbara Freeman established the travelling storytelling team The Folktellers with her cousin, Connie Regan-Blake, in 1973. The Folktellers also toured across the country, performing at folk festivals, including the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington D.C. Regan-Blake and Freeman eventually moved on to solo careers, and both are internationally recognized storytellers. In addition to performances The Folktellers have produced three albums and a play, "Mountain Sweet Talk."
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 50 minutes, 43 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Oral History: Storyteller Barbara Freeman. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8516/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Oral History: Storyteller Barbara Freeman. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8516/.
MLA citation style:
Oral History: Storyteller Barbara Freeman. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8516/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoStorytelling with Connie Regan-Blake & Barbara Freeman
- Contributor: Regan-Blake, Connie - Freeman, Barbara
- Date: 2018-09-06
Film, VideoWayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine
- Contributor: Sockabasin, Blanch - Newell, Wayne
- Date: 2009-09-16
Film, VideoCowboy Poet Paul Zarzyski and Cowboy Singer-Composer Wylie Gustafson From Montana
- Contributor: Gustafson, Wylie - Zarzyski, Paul
- Date: 2009-10-07
Film, VideoSreevidhya Chandramouli with Poovalur Sriji: South Indian Classical Music from Oregon
- Contributor: Sriji, Poovalur - Chandramouli, Sreevidhya
- Date: 2009-08-20
Film, VideoBarbara Lynn & Friends
- Contributor: Lynn, Barbara
- Date: 2009-11-18