Film, Video Europa Galante Concert
About this Item
- Europa Galante Concert
- Europa Galante performs under the leadership of violinist Fabio Biondi. The program includes works by Galuppi, Vivaldi, Reutter and Holzbauer. The concert honors former Speaker of the House Nicholas Longworth, a supporter of the concert programs from the Library of Congress, where he was a president of the Friends of Music. Soloists included Fabio Biondi and Andrea Rognoni, violin, and Marcello Gatti, flute. Program: Galuppi: "Adriano in Siria:: Ouverture [10:13]Vivaldi: Sinfonia in G major for Strings ("Il coro delle muse"), RV 149 [15:02] Concerto for Violin in D major ("Per la Signora Chiara"), RV 222 [22:43]Reutter: Sinfonia in D minor [36:12]Holzbaue: Flute Concerto in G major [41:44]Vivaldi: Concerto for Two Violins and Strings in A minor, op. 3/8, RV 522 [59:58] Violin Concerto in C major, RV 189 [1:11:23] Violin Concerto in B-flat major, RV 367 [1:28:12] Violin Concerto in G minor ("Summer"), III: Presto, op. 8/2, RV 315 [1:43:40]
- Event Date
- January 12, 2018
- Related Resources
- Music at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 47 minutes, 30 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Europa Galante Concert. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8517/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Europa Galante Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8517/.
MLA citation style:
Europa Galante Concert. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8517/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video"The President's Own" United States Marine Band
- Contributor: U.S. Marine Band
- Date: 2014-04-12
Film, VideoBorromeo String Quartet Performs Bartók
- Contributor: Borromeo String Quartet
- Date: 2015-12-18
Film, VideoAlban Gerhardt & Anne-Marie McDermott in Concert
- Contributor: Gerhardt, Alban - McDermott, Anne-Marie
- Date: 2016-01-16
Film, VideoBach Collegium Japan
- Contributor: Bach Collegium Japan
- Date: 2015-11-04
Film, VideoMusicians from Marlboro Concert January 2016
- Contributor: McCarroll, David - Rosen, Marcy - Gendron, Emilie-Anne - McGill, Anthony - Kim, Daniel
- Date: 2016-01-20