Film, Video An Evening of Sounds, Stories & Surprises with Jim Metzner
About this Item
- An Evening of Sounds, Stories & Surprises with Jim Metzner
- Radio recordist, producer, host and writer Jim Metzner reviewed his more than 40 years of work in the world of radio and recorded sounds. Metzner discussed his many years as an audio documentarian and radio broadcaster, playing many examples of his work, drawing on both his broadcasts and the long form interview and field recordings he draws on to create them.
- October 10, 2018
- - As host and producer of "Pulse of the Planet," Jim Metzner has recorded soundscapes all over the world, from the cloud forests of Australia to the favelas of Brazil. Metzner's "Pulse of the Planet" has been one of radio's longest running science programs, and is now in its 30th year, and is now also a popular podcast.
- Packard Campus for Audio-Visual Conservation: https://www.loc.gov/avconservation/
- 1 hours 27 minutes 39 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
An Evening of Sounds, Stories & Surprises with Jim Metzner. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8522/.
APA citation style:
(2018) An Evening of Sounds, Stories & Surprises with Jim Metzner. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8522/.
MLA citation style:
An Evening of Sounds, Stories & Surprises with Jim Metzner. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8522/>.