Film, Video Asian American Literature Today: Kundiman Spotlight
About this Item
- Asian American Literature Today: Kundiman Spotlight
- Kundiman fellows R.O. Kwon and Hieu Minh Nguyen will read excerpts of their work followed by a moderated discussion with poet Gowri K. Presented in partnership with the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, the Asian American Literary Review and Kundiman, a national organization dedicated to the creation and cultivation of Asian American creative writing.
- Event Date
- September 12, 2018
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 13 minutes 13 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Asian American Literature Today: Kundiman Spotlight. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8524/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Asian American Literature Today: Kundiman Spotlight. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8524/.
MLA citation style:
Asian American Literature Today: Kundiman Spotlight. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8524/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoFiction Through a Different Lens: 2019 National Book Festival Aminatta Forna discussed "Happiness," R.O. Kwon discussed "The Incendiaries" and Valeria Luiselli discussed "Lost Children Archive" at the 2019 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Kwon, R.O. - Forna, Aminatta - Luiselli, Valeria
- Date: 2019-08-31
Film, Video2019 National Book Festival Gala Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden hosted the Library of Congress National Book Festival Gala on the eve of the Festival itself. The recipients of the Library of Congress Literacy Awards were announced...
- Contributor: Rubenstein, David - Kwon, R.O. - Ford, Richard - Palacio, R.J. - Hayden, Carla D. - Gerlad, Casey - Thomas, Evan
- Date: 2019-08-30
Film, VideoWitter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading 2010 Poet Laureate Kay Ryan has chosen two talented voices in poetry, Jill McDonough and Atsuro Riley, for the 2010 Witter Bynner Fellowships, and will introduce the poets at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Riley, Atsuro - McDonough, Jill
- Date: 2010-02-18
Film, VideoPoet Laureate Kay Ryan's Farewell Reading Poet Laureate Kay Ryan concludes her second and final term as Poet Laureate at the Library of Congress with a reading from her newest volume of poetry "The Best of It: New...
- Contributor: Ryan, Kay
- Date: 2010-05-20
Film, VideoLiterary Birthday Celebration: Langston Hughes Poets Dolores Kendrick and Evie Shockley celebrate the birthday of American poet Langston Hughes by reading selections from his work and discussing his influence on their own writing.
- Contributor: Shockley, Evie - Kendrick, Dolores
- Date: 2012-02-01