Film, Video Interview with Barry Jean Ancelet
About this Item
- Interview with Barry Jean Ancelet
- Staff of the American Folklife Center interview folklorist Barry Jean Ancelet.
- Event Date
- June 12, 2018
- - Folklorist and University of Louisiana professor Barry Jean Ancelet is a leading scholar, author, expert and activist in the revival and revitalization of Cajun and Creole music and culture in Louisiana. He has been a leader not only in the academic study of Cajun and Creole folk culture, but in creating archives where the culture has been preserved, and festivals and other programs where the culture has been shared with diverse audiences. He is also a poet, songwriter and singer, and his 2016 CD with Sam Broussard, "Broken Promised Land," was nominated for a Grammy Award in the Regional Roots Music category.
- Running Time
- 58 minutes 20 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Interview with Barry Jean Ancelet. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8560/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Interview with Barry Jean Ancelet. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8560/.
MLA citation style:
Interview with Barry Jean Ancelet. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8560/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTheory and Practice of Folklore in Cajun & Creole Louisiana
- Contributor: Ancelet, Barry Jean
- Date: 2018-06-12
Film, VideoSept. 11 Documentary Project
- Contributor: Hoog, Ann
- Date: 2001-09-11
Film, VideoThe Legacy of Ola Belle Reed: Oral History
- Contributor: Reed, Dave - Campbell, Hugh - Danny Paisley & Southern Grass
- Date: 2015-09-09
Film, VideoCivil Rights, Identity & Sovereignty: Native American Perspectives on History, Law & the Path Ahead
- Contributor: Maynor Lowery, Malinda - Tingle, Tim - Harris, Ladonna - Chambers, Letitia - Echo-Hawk, Walter
- Date: 2015-09-10
Film, VideoLibrary Folklife Collections Orientation for the National Association of Black Storytellers
- Contributor: Peterson, Elizabeth - Kerst, Catherine - Harvey, Todd - Harris, Megan - Morris, Valda - Shankar, Guha
- Date: 2015-11-13