Film, Video Grupo Rebolú: Afro-Colombian Music from New York
About this Item
- Grupo Rebolú: Afro-Colombian Music from New York
- Afro-Colombian musical ensemble Grupo Rebolú in concert.
- Event Date
- August 08, 2018
- - Afro-Colombian musical ensemble Grupo Rebolú was created by Ronald Polo (vocalist, composer and player of the gaita native Colombian flute), Morris Cañate (traditional drummer) and Johanna Castañeda (vocalist and percussionist) to promote the rich musical traditions of their heritage: the African descendants of Colombia's Caribbean coast. They believe these folkloric traditions should continually evolve over time and incorporate the musical ideas and creativity of new generations of musicians. The original compositions of Ronald Polo for Grupo Rebolú forge new paths for Colombian music, while respectfully remaining faithful to traditional Afro-Colombian rhythms such as gaita, tambora, chalupa and bullerengue.
- Running Time
- 1 hours 1 minutes 10 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Grupo Rebolú: Afro-Colombian Music from New York. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8566/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Grupo Rebolú: Afro-Colombian Music from New York. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8566/.
MLA citation style:
Grupo Rebolú: Afro-Colombian Music from New York. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8566/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGrupo Rebolú Interview
- Contributor: Sheehy, Dan - Grupo Rebolú
- Date: 2018-08-08
Film, VideoLatina Storyteller Oral History
- Contributor: Deedy, Carmen Agra - Campillo-Soto, Karla
- Date: 2016-04-07
Film, VideoEsma Redžepova & Folk Masters Play Romani (Gypsy) & Macedonian Music
- Contributor: The Folk Masters - Redžepova, Esma
- Date: 2016-04-20
Film, VideoSoumya Chakraverty & Devapriya Nayak: Traditional Hindustani Music from Virginia
- Contributor: Nayak (Debu), Devapriya - Chakraverty, Soumya
- Date: 2016-05-06
Film, VideoNOKA: Basque Song & Music from California
- Contributor: Noka
- Date: 2016-07-06