Film, Video States of Grace: Utopia in Brazilian Culture
About this Item
- States of Grace: Utopia in Brazilian Culture
- This talk approaches the study of Brazilian culture through the lens of utopianism. The conversation explored the religious and political writings, journalistic texts, sociological studies and literature that portrary Brazil as a utopian "land of the future," where dreams of a coming messianic age and of social and political emancipation would come true.
- Event Date
- October 09, 2018
- - Patricia Vieira is a social professor of Spanish and Portuguese at Georgetown University.
- - Thayse Lina teaches in the department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Maryland.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 2 minutes, 10 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
States of Grace: Utopia in Brazilian Culture. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8571/.
APA citation style:
(2018) States of Grace: Utopia in Brazilian Culture. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8571/.
MLA citation style:
States of Grace: Utopia in Brazilian Culture. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8571/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMedialogies: Reading Reality in the Age of Inflationary Media
- Contributor: Vieira, Patricia - Castillo, David R. - Egginton, William
- Date: 2017-10-13
Film, VideoHistory of Educa Vision
- Date: 2011-06-13
Film, VideoThe Life and Bookstore of Jan Mapou
- Contributor: Mapou, Jan
- Date: 2011-06-20
Film, VideoDevoted to Death: Santa Muerte, the Skeleton Saint
- Contributor: Chesnut, R. Andrew
- Date: 2012-02-22
Film, VideoOdysseas Elytis & the Hispanic World
- Contributor: Berroa, Rei - Serrano, Pedro
- Date: 2012-01-27