Film, Video Liberalism, Foreign Policy, & the Emerging International Order
About this Item
- Liberalism, Foreign Policy, & the Emerging International Order
- Drawing on world-wide case studies, speakers at this event discussed the ideals of liberalism in foreign policy and consider recent critiques that the promotion of democracy is simply a pragmatic or hypocritical Western stance.
- November 01, 2018
- - Fyodor Lukyanov is editor-in-chief of "Russia in Global Affairs."
- - Sir Robert Francis Cooper is a British diplomat currently serving as a special advisor at the European Commission.
- - Rosa Brooks is associate dean for graduate programs and professor of law at Georgetown University Law Center.
- - Thomas Bagger is director of foreign policy in the Office of the Federal President of Germany.
- - Ivan Krastev is New York Times columnist and Kissinger Chair in Foreign Policy and International Relations at the Library's Kluge Center.
- 1 hours 49 minutes 50 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Liberalism, Foreign Policy, & the Emerging International Order. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8573/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Liberalism, Foreign Policy, & the Emerging International Order. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8573/.
MLA citation style:
Liberalism, Foreign Policy, & the Emerging International Order. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8573/>.