Film, Video The Science of Space: Heliophysics & the Parker Solar Probe
About this Item
- The Science of Space: Heliophysics & the Parker Solar Probe
- NASA's Alex Young discussed how the Sun interacts at the largest and smallest scales, from complicated motions at the particle level to giant eruptions thousands of times bigger than the Earth. NASA studies the Sun and how its constant outflow of magnetic fields and solar material influences the very nature of space, the atmospheres of planets, and human technology. Heliophysics missions explore places never before visited--traveling through pockets of intense radiation, interstellar space, and right into the Sun itself. NASA's Parker Solar Probe will be the first spacecraft in history to fly through the Sun's inner corona.
- Event Date
- December 06, 2018
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 18 minutes, 51 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Science of Space: Heliophysics & the Parker Solar Probe. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8602/.
APA citation style:
(2018) The Science of Space: Heliophysics & the Parker Solar Probe. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8602/.
MLA citation style:
The Science of Space: Heliophysics & the Parker Solar Probe. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8602/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSwimming in Martian Lakes: Curiosity at Gale Crater
- Contributor: Guzewich, Scott
- Date: 2018-04-25
Film, VideoThe Upper Atmosphere: Where Space Weather Meets Earth Weather
- Contributor: Jones, Sarah
- Date: 2018-06-07
Film, VideoFinding Our Origins with the Hubble & James Webb Space Telescopes
- Contributor: Gardner, Jonathan
- Date: 2018-03-22
Film, VideoWatching Water: New Approaches to Assessing & Managing Global Water Security & Sustainability
- Contributor: Bolten, John
- Date: 2018-05-15
Film, VideoShadow Science: Using Eclipses to Shed New Light
- Contributor: Green, James
- Date: 2018-09-12