Film, Video Elena Lacayo of Elena & Los Fulanos Interview
About this Item
- Elena Lacayo of Elena & Los Fulanos Interview
- The Library's Jennifer Cutting interviews Nicaraguan-American musician Elena Lacayo.
- Event Date
- September 20, 2018
- - Elena Lacayo is a folk singer-songwriter and the lead for Elena & Los Fulanos, a bilingual folk rock band based in Washington, D.C. Since 2011, the group has been creating music that ranges from twangy, heartbreak-themed folk Americana to soothing, introspective, violin-infused Latin rock. Lacayo's experience growing up in two cultures (Nicaraguan and American) has influenced her musical goals of blending language and tradition to enhance appreciation for diversity in an increasingly multicultural world.
- Running Time
- 14 minutes 34 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Elena Lacayo of Elena & Los Fulanos Interview. 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8614/.
APA citation style:
(2018) Elena Lacayo of Elena & Los Fulanos Interview. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8614/.
MLA citation style:
Elena Lacayo of Elena & Los Fulanos Interview. 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8614/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOral History with Harmonia Band Members of "Harmonia" discuss the band's origins and the traditional folk music of Eastern Europe.
- Contributor: Fedoriouk, Alexander - Mikhailovich, Walt - Austin, Thea - Pidkivka, Andrei
- Date: 2013-07-11
Film, VideoNorthern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers Concert by the Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers.
- Contributor: Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Date: 2013-08-07
Film, VideoEsma Redžepova & Folk Masters Play Romani (Gypsy) & Macedonian Music A performance by internationally acclaimed "Queen of Romani Songs", Esma Redžepova, and the Folk Masters. During this Homegrown concert, Sani Rifati led an informal participatory dance.
- Contributor: The Folk Masters - Redžepova, Esma
- Date: 2016-04-20
Film, VideoSoumya Chakraverty & Devapriya Nayak: Traditional Hindustani Music from Virginia This Homegrown concert with Soumya Chakraverty and Devapriya Nayak featured the usage of traditional Hindu string and percussion instruments. The sarod is a fretless stringed instrument with a skin head like a...
- Contributor: Nayak (Debu), Devapriya - Chakraverty, Soumya
- Date: 2016-05-06
Film, VideoNOKA: Basque Song & Music from California A concert by NOKA, which specializes in songs about Basque culture, gender, and identity. They are particularly interested in songs that use Noka, a familiar form of address historically used in speaking...
- Contributor: Noka
- Date: 2016-07-06