Film, Video In Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
About this Item
- In Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor spoke at the Library in a conversation moderated by Robert Katzmann and Eloise Pasachoff as a part of the Supreme Court Fellows Program. Founded in 1973, the program offers mid-career professionals, recent law school graduates and doctoral degree holders from the law and political science fields an opportunity to broaden their understanding of the judicial system through exposure to federal court administration.
- Event Date
- February 14, 2019
- - Sonia Sotomayor is an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- - Robert A. Katzmann is chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and chair of the Supreme Court Fellows Commission.
- - Eloise Pasachoff is professor of law at the Georgetown University Law Center and member of the academic advisory board of the Supreme Court Fellows Program.
- - Jeffrey P. Minear is executive director of the Supreme Court Fellows Program and counselor to the Chief Justice of the United States.
- - Jane Sánchez is Law Librarian of Congress.
- Running Time
- 58 minutes, 5 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
In Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8655/.
APA citation style:
(2019) In Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8655/.
MLA citation style:
In Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8655/>.