Film, Video African-American Passages: Black Lives in the 19th Century
About this Item
- African-American Passages: Black Lives in the 19th Century
- Adam Rothman discussed documents from the Library's manuscript collection relating to the lives of African-Americans in the 19th century in a conversation with Jesse J. Holland.
- February 21, 2019
- - Adam Rothman is a professor of history at Georgetown University and a visiting scholar at the John W. Kluge Center in the Library of Congress.
- - Jesse J. Holland is an award-winning journalist, novelist and author of "The Invisibles: The Untold Story of African American Slaves in the White House."
- 1 hours 11 minutes 1 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
African-American Passages: Black Lives in the 19th Century. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8673/.
APA citation style:
(2019) African-American Passages: Black Lives in the 19th Century. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8673/.
MLA citation style:
African-American Passages: Black Lives in the 19th Century. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8673/>.