Film, Video BIBFRAME Goes International
About this Item
- BIBFRAME Goes International
- BIBFRAME, a Library of Congress data model for bibliographic description designed to replace the MARC standards, is seeing activity around the globe. In this presentation, Library staff review current activity of the BIBFRAME model on the international scene, including how Europe is exploring BIBFRAME, the interest in other parts of the globe and a large new project closer to home. Included are developments in the roles being played in the support of BIBFRAME by the Program for Cooperative Cataloging and the Italian book and metadata supplier, Casalini Libri.
- Event Date
- April 02, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours 27 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
BIBFRAME Goes International. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8682/.
APA citation style:
(2019) BIBFRAME Goes International. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8682/.
MLA citation style:
BIBFRAME Goes International. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8682/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBIBFRAME 2.0, the Library of Congress Pilot & Next Steps Beacher Wiggins highlighted the goals and accomplishments of the Library of Congress' BIBFRAME 2.0 pilot to date and gave an overview of the next steps. Nate Trail discussed the development of the...
- Contributor: Williamschen, Jodi - Trail, Nate - Wiggins, Beacher - Hawkins, Les
- Date: 2018-06-12
Film, VideoBIBFRAME on the Move Beacher Wiggins describes what has been accomplished to date on the Bibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME). Kirk Hess and Paul Frank cover how the BIBFRAME Editor has evolved, including the development of the...
- Contributor: McCallum, Sally - Wiggins, Beacher - Hess, Kirk - Frank, Paul - Cannan, Judith P.
- Date: 2016-09-06
Film, VideoBibliographic Framework Initiative The presenters give an update on the status of the Library of Congress initiative to review the current bibliographic framework to accommodate future needs in a better manner. A major focus of...
- Contributor: Wiggins, Beacher - McCallum, Sally
- Date: 2012-04-02
Film, VideoBIBFRAME History at the Library of Congress Sally McCallum talks with Judith Cannan about the History of BIBFRAME at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: McCallum, Sally - Cannan, Judith
- Date: 2019-07-23
Film, VideoBibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME): Update & Practical Applications The Bibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME) is a major community project that the Library of Congress is leading that will help move the library community into the linked data world. Development of BIBFRAME...
- Contributor: Frank, Paul - Wiggins, Beacher J.E. - Ford, Kevin
- Date: 2014-09-04