Film, Video Author Makena Onjerika
About this Item
- Author Makena Onjerika
- Kenyan writer Makena Onjerika spoke about her life and work. The event was co-sponsored by the Africa Society of the National Summit on Africa, the Caine Prize for African Writing, the Center for African Studies at Howard University, the Lannan Center for Poetics and Social Practice and the Department of English at Georgetown University.
- Event Date
- March 14, 2019
- - Author Makena Onjerika is winner of the 2018 Caine Prize for African Writing, an annual literary award for the best original short story by an African writer, whether in Africa or elsewhere, published in the English language.
- Running Time
- 55 minutes 31 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Author Makena Onjerika. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8683/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Author Makena Onjerika. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8683/.
MLA citation style:
Author Makena Onjerika. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8683/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoKadija Sesay Writer, poet and activist Kadija Sesay discusses her life and work.
- Contributor: Sesay, Kadija George
- Date: 2019-08-12
Film, VideoLesley Nneka Arimah Lesley Nneka Arimah, Nigerian author and 2019 winner of the Caine Prize for African Writing, spoke about her life and work.
- Contributor: Arimah, Lesley Nneka
- Date: 2020-02-20
Film, VideoHelon Habila Award-winning Nigerian novelist Helon Habila read excerpts from his novel "Oil On Water" and discussed his new anthology "The Granta Book of the African Short Story" in a program cosponsored with the...
- Contributor: Habila, Helon
- Date: 2012-05-01
Film, VideoMaaza Mengiste Ethiopian novelist Maaza Mengiste reads from her work and discuss the state of contemporary African literature.
- Contributor: Mengiste, Maaza
- Date: 2013-03-21
Film, VideoOmekongo Dibinga Poet Omekongo Dibanga, from the Democratic Republic of Congo, reads from his work and discusses the state of contemporary African literature.
- Contributor: Dibinga, Omekongo
- Date: 2013-04-02