Film, Video I Spy a Spy: Social Anxiety & Farce in North Korean Comedy Film
About this Item
- I Spy a Spy: Social Anxiety & Farce in North Korean Comedy Film
- Immanuel Kim discussed social anxiety and farce in North Korean comedy film. His presentation plays out against a ghostly landscape of North Korean society, much of which is tragic: the Korean War, economic crises, tensions along the DMZ, and famine.
- Event Date
- April 11, 2019
- - Immanuel Kim is a professor of Korean literature and culture studies in the department of East Asian languages and literature at George Washington University in Washington D.C. He is a specialist in North Korean literature and cinema.
- Running Time
- 52 minutes, 2 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
I Spy a Spy: Social Anxiety & Farce in North Korean Comedy Film. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8700/.
APA citation style:
(2019) I Spy a Spy: Social Anxiety & Farce in North Korean Comedy Film. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8700/.
MLA citation style:
I Spy a Spy: Social Anxiety & Farce in North Korean Comedy Film. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8700/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Sikh Legacy in Pakistan
- Contributor: Singh, Amardeep
- Date: 2018-05-08
Film, VideoA Sentimental History: Depicting Emotion in Chinese Art
- Contributor: Burkus-Chasson, Anne
- Date: 2018-06-19
Film, VideoRecovering the National Memory: The Quest for a Pre-Colonial Filipino Past
- Contributor: Almario, Virgilio S.
- Date: 2018-06-11
Film, VideoIs a History of North Korea Without Kim II-Sung Possible?
- Contributor: Schmid, Andre
- Date: 2017-04-25
Film, VideoPrimary Sources for Research on North Korea
- Contributor: Wertz, Daniel - Lee, Sonya - Van Slander, Eric - Person, James F.
- Date: 2018-08-14