Film, Video Mokoomba: Afro-Fusion Music from Zimbabwe
About this Item
- Mokoomba: Afro-Fusion Music from Zimbabwe
- Mokoomba performed music celebrating their Zimbabwean culture and traditions interpreted for modern audiences, using several languages, including Tonga, Shona, Luvala, Ndebele and English.
- Event Date
- April 15, 2019
- - Mokoomba is a six-piece band from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Band members Mathias Muzaza, Trustworth Samende, Abundance Mutori, Donald Moyo, Ndaba Coster Moyo, and Miti Mugande grew up together in Chinotimba Township, Victoria Falls, and share similar cultural influences.
- Running Time
- 1 hours 6 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mokoomba: Afro-Fusion Music from Zimbabwe. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8704/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Mokoomba: Afro-Fusion Music from Zimbabwe. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8704/.
MLA citation style:
Mokoomba: Afro-Fusion Music from Zimbabwe. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8704/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with Mokoomba The members of Mokoomba discussed oral history with members of the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Mokoomba
- Date: 2019-04-15
Film, VideoYvette Landry Trio Oral History Members of the Yvette Landry Trio talk about their personal history, influences on their music, and the roots of Cajun music and Louisiana Honky-Tonk with Stephen Winick.
- Contributor: Thomas, Beau - Landry, Yvette - Comeaux, Richard
- Date: 2016-09-07
Film, VideoThe Billy McComiskey Family Band Oral History Billy McComiskey shares the history of the band and his music with the American Folklife Center's Steve Winick.
- Contributor: McComiskey, Billy - Bretholz, Myron - McComiskey, Sean
- Date: 2016-06-28
Film, VideoNoka Oral History Members of the Noka Trio and Mikel Markez discuss their music and its origins.
- Contributor: Noka Trio - Echeverria, Begona
- Date: 2016-07-06
Film, VideoDance Battle with Urban Artistry Urban Artistry performers shared the rich traditions of their cultural communities in a series of dance battles, set to the beats of DJ Baronhawk Poitier. Urban Artistry founder and director Junious Brickhouse...
- Contributor: Urban Artistry - Brickhouse, Junious
- Date: 2017-02-22