Film, Video Copyright Matters: Create an Adventure with Copyright
About this Item
- Copyright Matters: Create an Adventure with Copyright
- This program celebrated the way copyright inspires adventure and how adventure promotes copyright. While copyright might not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about taking an adventure, copyright and adventure actually go hand in hand. There was a focus on the impact copyright has on photographs, travel books, music, television and movies.
- Event Date
- July 31, 2019
- - Jeanne Fink is vice president and senior associate general counsel for the National Geographic Society.
- - John Hessler is a cartographic specialist in the Geography and Map division and curator of Jay I. Kislak Collections of the Archaeology & History of the Early Americas at the Library of Congress.
- - Andrea Sachs is a travel reporter for the Washington Post.
- - Shodekeh is a beatboxer, hip-hop vocal percussionist and breath artist.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 31 minutes, 19 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Copyright Matters: Create an Adventure with Copyright. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8783/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Copyright Matters: Create an Adventure with Copyright. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8783/.
MLA citation style:
Copyright Matters: Create an Adventure with Copyright. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8783/>.