Film, Video An Evening with Ngūgĩ wa Thiong'o
About this Item
- An Evening with Ngūgĩ wa Thiong'o
- Award-winning author Ng&utildeg&itilde wa Thiong'o presented his recently released publication, "Minutes of Glory And Other Stories." Local high school students read excerpts from his works in Gikuyu and English.
- Event Date
- May 09, 2019
- - Noted as a perennial favorite to win the Nobel Prize for Literature, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o is an award-winning, world-renowned Kenyan novelist, scholar and playwright, who has been publishing written works for more than 50 years in more than 32 languages. He is the founder and editor of the first Gikuyu-language journal and is currently a distinguished professor of English and comparative literature at the University of California, Irvine.
- Running Time
- 1 hours 38 minutes 2 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
An Evening with Ngūgĩ wa Thiong'o. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8790/.
APA citation style:
(2019) An Evening with Ngūgĩ wa Thiong'o. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8790/.
MLA citation style:
An Evening with Ngūgĩ wa Thiong'o. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8790/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoUnderstanding Egyptian Cuisine & Culture
- Contributor: Riolo, Amy
- Date: 2013-09-04
Film, VideoPoetry Reading by Merrill Leffler
- Contributor: Leffler, Merrill
- Date: 2013-09-24
Film, VideoThe Grand Museum, Egypt
- Contributor: Gamal, Muhammad
- Date: 2013-03-01
Film, VideoCultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine
- Contributor: Nasrallah, Nawal - Ciezadlo, Annia
- Date: 2013-09-12
Film, VideoGreen Desert: Olzhas Suleimanov
- Contributor: Suleimanov, Olzhas
- Date: 2013-11-05