Film, Video Cedric Watson Trio Concert
About this Item
- Cedric Watson Trio Concert
- Concert by the Cedric Watson Trio, including four-time Grammy-nominated fiddler, singer, accordionist and songwriter Cedric Watson, multi-instrumentalist Chris Stafford (of the band Feufollet) and rubboardist Desiree Champagne.
- Event Date
- July 25, 2019
- - Cedric Watson is one of the brightest contemporary talents to emerge in Cajun, Creole and Zydeco music over the last decade. Watson was born in 1983 and grew up in San Felipe, Texas, surrounded by the blues, old soul, country and zydeco music. Though hip-hop was then popular with his peers, he developed an affinity for the old-style French songs of Southwest Louisiana and Southeast Texas. Watson soon found himself in Lafayette, Louisiana, where he became part of the musical community and began contributing to the continuity of Creole music, quickly immersing himself in French music and language. Over the next several years, Watson performed French music in 17 countries with various groups, including Corey Ledet, Les Amis Creole with Ed Poullard and J.B. Adams, and the Pine Leaf Boys. With this last group he added a Creole and Zydeco foundation to their Southwest Louisiana sound. He has played with some of the great names in Creole music, including Dexter Ardoin and the Creole Ramblers and Jeffrey Broussard and the Creole Cowboys. Watson continues to explore the roots of Louisiana's Creole music with his own band, Bijou Creole. His creative style and obvious joy in playing make him an engaging and exciting performer.
- Running Time
- 1 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds
- Online Format
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cedric Watson Trio Concert. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8793/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Cedric Watson Trio Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8793/.
MLA citation style:
Cedric Watson Trio Concert. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8793/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with Cedric Watson Trio Members of the Cedric Watson Trio discuss their music and Cajun-Creole culture and South Louisiana culture in general.
- Contributor: Watson, Cedric - Stafford, Chris - Champagne, Desireé
- Date: 2019-07-25
Film, VideoConcert: Cora Harvey Armstrong Gospel Group In concert, gospel singer Cora Harvey Armstrong is joined by her sisters Clara and Virginia, her nieces Kimberly, Ruthy and Clarissa, and her band.
- Contributor: Armstrong, Cora Harvey
- Date: 2019-05-09
Film, VideoHomegrown: Windborne Windborne is Lynn Mahoney Rowan, Will Thomas Rowan, Lauren Breunig, and Jeremy Carter-Gordon. The four singers grew up immersed in the traditional song and dance communities of New England and discovered a...
- Contributor: Rowan, Lynn Mahoney - Rowan, Will Thomas - Carter-Gordon, Jeremy - Breunig, Lauren
- Date: 2021-09-08
Film, VideoKorean Culture Art Program and Concert Musicians and artists from around the world traveled to participate in a program acknowledging and celebrating traditional Korean music, which includes the use of 17 instruments. The event is sponsored by the...
- Date: 2009-10-29
Film, VideoConcert: Daniel Müller-Schott, Cello & Simon Trpčeski, Piano Cellist Daniel Müller-Schott and pianist Simon Trpčeski perform Beethoven's Sonata in C major, op. 102, no. 1, Brahms' Sonata in F major, op. 99, and Chopin's Sonata in G minor, op .65.
- Contributor: Trpčeski, Simon - Müller-Schott, Daniel
- Date: 2014-04-24