Film, Video National Book Festival Presents Alexander McCall Smith
About this Item
- National Book Festival Presents Alexander McCall Smith
- Alexander McCall Smith discusses his new book, "To the Land of Long Lost Friends: No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series."
- Event Date
- October 24, 2019
- - Colleen Shogan is assistant deputy librarian for the Library Collections and Services Group at the Library of Congress.
- - Alexander McCall Smith was born in Zimbabwe and is a professor of medical law at the University of Edinburgh. Smith is a leading writer of contemporary mysteries and is known for placing women in the role of detectives with his popular series "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency."
- Running Time
- 57 minutes, 13 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
National Book Festival Presents Alexander McCall Smith. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8918/.
APA citation style:
(2019) National Book Festival Presents Alexander McCall Smith. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8918/.
MLA citation style:
National Book Festival Presents Alexander McCall Smith. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8918/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAlexander McCall Smith: 2006 National Book Festival
- Contributor: McCall Smith, Alexander
- Date: 2006-10-01
Film, VideoInterview with Sen. Barbara Mikulski
- Contributor: Mikulski, Sen. Barbara - Shogan, Colleen
- Date: 2016-10-05
Film, VideoConversation with Congresswoman Jackie Speier
- Contributor: Shogan, Colleen - Speier, Jackie
- Date: 2016-05-24
Film, VideoNational Book Festival Presents Dav Pilkey
- Contributor: Pilkey, Dav
- Date: 2019-10-11
Film, VideoElaine Weiss and The Woman's Hour
- Contributor: Weiss, Elaine - Shogan, Colleen
- Date: 2019-03-07