Film, Video Frido Mann: Democracy Will Win
About this Item
- Frido Mann: Democracy Will Win
- Following in his grandfather's footsteps, Frido Mann spoke about current threats to democracy in America and Europe on his tour through more than a dozen cities in the U.S. and Canada as part of the "Wunderbar Together" Year of German-American Friendship.
- Event Date
- October 01, 2019
- - Author and psychologist Frido Mann is grandson of of German writer Thomas Mann. After fleeing Europe just before the outbreak of the Second World War, Thomas Mann toured the U.S. with a series of lectures on the dangers of fascism for liberal democracy. The elder Mann also gave several lectures at the Library of Congress, where he served as consultant on Germanic literature for three years beginning in 1942 and remained a Library Fellow in German Literature until his death.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 18 minutes, 11 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Frido Mann: Democracy Will Win. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8933/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Frido Mann: Democracy Will Win. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8933/.
MLA citation style:
Frido Mann: Democracy Will Win. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8933/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOn the Finland Watch: An American Diplomat in Finland
- Contributor: Cooper, James Ford
- Date: 2019-04-24
Film, VideoThe Galloping Hour: French Poems by Alejandra Pizarnik
- Contributor: Morales, Anna Deeny - Gander, Forrest - Ferrari, Patricio
- Date: 2019-03-06
Film, VideoCarla Hayden Sworn In as 14th Librarian of Congress
- Contributor: Mikulski, Sen. Barbara - Blunt, Sen. Roy - Ryan, Rep. Paul - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2016-09-14
Film, VideoPreserving American Deaf Culture
- Contributor: Williamson, Max - Vail'u, Mekaella
- Date: 2016-04-12
Film, VideoSchools that Peter the Great Built: Projectors & the State in Early Modern Russia
- Contributor: Fedyukin, Igor
- Date: 2016-05-11