Film, Video Perspectives on Congressional Policymaking
About this Item
- Perspectives on Congressional Policymaking
- John Haskell moderated a discussion with Frances Lee and Lamar Smith on counterintuitive trends in congressional policymaking, including developments in the passage of major bipartisan legislation.
- Event Date
- October 03, 2019
- - Lamar Smith served 16 terms in the U.S. House of Representatives as a congressman from the 21st district of Texas.
- - Frances Lee is a professor at Princeton University and the Library of Congress Chair in Congressional Policymaking at the John W. Kluge Center.
- - John Haskell is the director of the Kluge Center and the Library of Congress.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 27 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Perspectives on Congressional Policymaking. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8935/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Perspectives on Congressional Policymaking. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8935/.
MLA citation style:
Perspectives on Congressional Policymaking. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8935/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPolitics of Culture, Culture of Politics: Europe in the 21st Century
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Krastev, Ivan
- Date: 2019-05-09
Film, VideoCandice Millard on James Garfield
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Millard, Candice
- Date: 2019-09-18
Film, VideoThe Future of Political Parties
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Masket, Seth - Victor, Jennifer Nicoll - Levin, Yuval
- Date: 2018-05-21
Film, VideoPolarization and Political Discourse in the U.S.
- Contributor: Mason, Lilliana - Haskell, John - Barker, David C.
- Date: 2019-03-21
Film, VideoThe Kingdom of Jerusalem & War Against the Infidel: 16th-Century Doctrines of Just War & the ...
- Contributor: Devereux, Andrew
- Date: 2016-06-23