Film, Video Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry
About this Item
- Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry
- As a part of a Veterans History Project art showcase, a panel of occupational poets read and discussed their work. Occupational poetry is a category of verbal art in the form of folk poetry that is anchored in communities of work, often manifesting in the everyday settings of jobs and employment. Folklore scholarship and fieldwork has focused on the poetic traditions within a narrow range of occupational roles, including miners, commercial fishers, veterans and cowboys.
- Event Date
- November 06, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 27 minutes, 47 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8938/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8938/.
MLA citation style:
Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8938/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Road Back: Poetry & Literature Reading
- Contributor: Quinlan, Vess - Jones, Bill - Richmond, Dave - Weigl, Bruce
- Date: 2018-11-10
Film, VideoVeterans History Project PTSD Awareness Day
- Contributor: Decaul, Maurice - Ritchie, Elspeth Cameron - Galovski, Tara - Wrenn, Glenda - Fears, Karen L.
- Date: 2016-06-27
Film, VideoVeterans Day Family Program: Diary of a WWI Soldier
- Contributor: Taurel, Douglas
- Date: 2017-11-11
Film, VideoOn the Other Side of the Mic: Perspective from the Interviewer
- Contributor: Galloway, Joseph L. - Ringlee, Andrew J. - Lloyd, Karen D. - Carley, Emily - Shankar, Guha - Franklin, Mark R.
- Date: 2017-10-25
Film, VideoA Rift in the Earth
- Contributor: Reston Jr., James
- Date: 2017-11-09