Film, Video Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry
About this Item
- Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry
- As a part of a Veterans History Project art showcase, a panel of occupational poets read and discussed their work. Occupational poetry is a category of verbal art in the form of folk poetry that is anchored in communities of work, often manifesting in the everyday settings of jobs and employment. Folklore scholarship and fieldwork has focused on the poetic traditions within a narrow range of occupational roles, including miners, commercial fishers, veterans and cowboys.
- Event Date
- November 06, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours 27 minutes 47 seconds
- Online Format
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8938/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8938/.
MLA citation style:
Veterans History Project Art Showcase: Occupational Poetry. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8938/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Road Back: Poetry & Literature Reading In honor of Veterans Day, the Library sponsored a series of readings on the veterans' "road back," focusing on the use of poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction as a means of coping...
- Contributor: Quinlan, Vess - Jones, Bill - Richmond, Dave - Weigl, Bruce
- Date: 2018-11-10
Film, VideoArnold Resnicoff on Faith and Foxholes: Religion in the Military In Celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month 2010, the Hebraic Section, African and Middle Eastern Division, the Veterans History Project, and the American Folklife Center presented a talk by Rabbi Arnold E....
- Contributor: Resnicoff, Arnold
- Date: 2010-05-06
Film, VideoPSA: Call to Record Veterans' Histories In this public service announcement, a part of the Veterans History Project's 10th Anniversary Commemoration, the Librarian of Congress asks the nation to help gather the accounts of 10,000 veterans by Veterans...
- Contributor: Billington, James
- Date: 2010-10-07
Film, VideoVeteran Grown: Urban Farming This panel discussed farming in an urban setting as one of many unique career paths veterans take after transitioning to civilian life, and introduced the audience to programs that exist to assist...
- Contributor: Schrier, Rep. Kim - Dalgarn, Sean - Hale, Margo - Dachos, Sarah - Boozman, Sen. John - Lombardo, Jeanette
- Date: 2021-03-19
Film, VideoVeteran Grown: Farming The Library of Congress Veterans History Project hosts a discussion panel to highlight farming as one of many unique career paths veterans take after transitioning to civilian life, and to introduce programs...
- Contributor: Helton, Damon - Creech, Sara - Butts, Justin - Boozman, Sen. John - Grandon, Eric - Lloyd, Karen
- Date: 2021-03-26