Film, Video Conversation with Graphic Novelist Jaime Hernandez
About this Item
- Conversation with Graphic Novelist Jaime Hernandez
- Jaime Hernandez, co-creator of the alternative comic "Love and Rockets," discussed his work and creative process--representing Latinx experiences in comic art--and changes in the field over the course of his career with Gary Groth. The event was held in conjunction with Small Press Expo and the Library of Congress exhibition "Comic Art: 120 Years of Panels and Pages."
- Event Date
- September 12, 2019
- - Jaime Hernandez is a comic artist and co-creator of the alternative comic, "Love and Rockets." Hernandez was the winner of the 2014 Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Best Graphic Novel/Comic and the 2014 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award for Best Writer/Artist.
- - Gary Groth is the founder and president of Fantagraphics.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 3 minutes, 46 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Conversation with Graphic Novelist Jaime Hernandez. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8939/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Conversation with Graphic Novelist Jaime Hernandez. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8939/.
MLA citation style:
Conversation with Graphic Novelist Jaime Hernandez. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8939/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoFantagraphics Books and the Advent of the Graphic Novel
- Contributor: Groth, Gary
- Date: 2016-09-16
Film, VideoJaime Hernandez: 2013 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Hernandez, Jaime
- Date: 2013-09-22
Film, VideoExperience Baseball Americana
- Contributor: None
- Date: 2019-03-28
Film, VideoLong Time Coming: A 1955 Baseball Story
- Contributor: Augustine, Rev. Freddie - Haddock, Ted - Strong, Jon
- Date: 2018-07-25
Film, VideoExhibition Opening: "Shall Not Be Denied: Women Fight for the Vote"
- Contributor: Capito, Sen. Shelley Moore - Pelosi, Rep. Nancy - James, Kay Coles - Weiss, Elaine - Roberts, Rebecca Boggs - Lawrence, Rep. Brenda - Mikulski, Sen. Barbara A. - Hayden, Carla - Blackburn, Sen. Marsha - Hegyi, Albert P.
- Date: 2019-06-04