Film, Video Enemy Child: The Story of Norman Mineta
About this Item
- Enemy Child: The Story of Norman Mineta
- The Library's 10th annual Jonah S. Eskin Memorial Program featured award-winning writer Andrea Warren and her book "Enemy Child: The Story of Norman Mineta, a Boy Imprisoned in a Japanese American Internment Camp During World War II." Joining Warren will be the subject of the book, former U.S. Rep. Norman Mineta, the first Asian American to serve as mayor of a major American city (San Jose, Calif.) who also served as secretary of transportation and secretary of commerce in two presidential cabinets. Warren and Mineta were interviewed by Monica Hesse, author of "The War Outside" and a feature writer for The Washington Post.
- Event Date
- November 19, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 4 minutes, 24 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Enemy Child: The Story of Norman Mineta. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8963/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Enemy Child: The Story of Norman Mineta. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8963/.
MLA citation style:
Enemy Child: The Story of Norman Mineta. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8963/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTeen Board with Monica Hesse
- Contributor: Hesse, Monica
- Date: 2016-12-08
Film, VideoGrowing Up Hard: 2019 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Krosoczka, Jarrett J. - Hesse, Monica
- Date: 2019-08-31
Film, VideoHighlights of Japan-U.S. Relationship: History, Cultural Exchange and Future Development
- Contributor: Agawa, Naoyuki - Mineta, Norman - Auslin, Michael - Goto, Midori
- Date: 2007-04-06
Film, Video2016 Denker Fellows Symposium
- Contributor: Barnum, George - Allen, Susanne - Hoover, Jodi - Balas, Malia
- Date: 2016-11-17
Film, Video2018 Denker Fellows Symposium
- Contributor: Barnum, George - Vanatta, Cassandra (Casey) - Saad, Layla
- Date: 2018-11-14