Film, Video Lakota John and Kin Concert
About this Item
- Lakota John and Kin Concert
- Lakota John and Kin perform blues music with a Native American twist. The group includes young musician Lakota John Locklear and members of his family who belong to the Lakota/Tuscarora and Lumbee Nations of South Dakota and North Carolina. The Lumbee Nation is the largest Native American tribe east of the Mississippi and is a recognized tribe by the state of North Carolina, although it has gained only partial Federal recognition. Lakota John looks to have Native Americans recognized for their long overlooked but important contributions to the blues tradition.
- Event Date
- August 07, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours 1 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lakota John and Kin Concert. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8968/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Lakota John and Kin Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8968/.
MLA citation style:
Lakota John and Kin Concert. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8968/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLakota John & Kin Conversation
- Contributor: Locklear, Tonya Elk - Locklear, Sweet Papa John - Locklear, Lakota John - Locklear, Layla - Winick, Stephen
- Date: 2019-08-07
Film, VideoCarter Family Tribute
- Contributor: Carter Family
- Date: 2005-09-20
Film, VideoHarmonia: Music of the Danube to the Carpathians from Ohio
- Date: 2013-07-11
Film, VideoLibaya Baba: Garifuna Music & Dance from California & New York
- Contributor: Palacio, Greg - Bernardez, Jeffrey - Bernardez, Kelsey - Bernardez, Dayton
- Date: 2013-07-02
Film, VideoThe Singing & Praying Band: African American a Capella Sacred Music from Delaware and Maryland
- Contributor: Singing & Praying Band
- Date: 2012-08-23