Film, Video Racial Science in Nazi Germany
About this Item
- Racial Science in Nazi Germany
- Richard F. Wetzell discusses his research at the Library on the history of racial science in Nazi Germany. The Library of Congress has more than 8 million German-language items.
- Event Date
- October 24, 2019
- - Richard F. Wetzell is a research fellow at the German Historical Institute in Washington, D.C. His most recent publication is the co-edited volume, "Beyond the Racial State: Rethinking Nazi Germany," along with his other publications, "Inventing the Criminal: A History of German Criminology, 1880-1945," "Engineering Society: The Role of the Human and Social Sciences in Modern Societies, 1880-1980" and "Crime and Criminal Justice in Modern Germany."
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 4 minutes, 19 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Racial Science in Nazi Germany. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8978/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Racial Science in Nazi Germany. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8978/.
MLA citation style:
Racial Science in Nazi Germany. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8978/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoFamily History in U.S. Church Records
- Contributor: Morton, Sunny Jane
- Date: 2019-11-20
Film, VideoRisk Capital: Fictitious Finance & the Rise of the Insurance Business
- Contributor: Engel, Elisabeth
- Date: 2019-10-30
Film, VideoJosé André Trio Concert
- Contributor: Andre, Jose
- Date: 2019-11-07
Film, VideoHistorian Marilyn B. Young Discusses "Limited War, Unlimited"
- Contributor: Young, Marilyn
- Date: 2009-07-08
Film, VideoPhilippa Levine Discusses Why Historians Ignore Women in Studies on Decolonization
- Contributor: Levine, Philippa
- Date: 2009-07-15