Film, Video Rosa Parks In Her Own Words: Press Preview
About this Item
- Rosa Parks In Her Own Words: Press Preview
- Rosa Parks, the civil rights icon made famous for her refusal to give up her seat to a white man on a city bus in Montgomery, Alabama, in December 1955, is often mischaracterized as a quiet seamstress, with little attention paid to her full life story. A new Library of Congress exhibition, "Rosa Parks: In Her Own Words," reveals the real Rosa Parks was a seasoned activist with a militant spirit forged over decades of challenging inequality and injustice. Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden and Library staff host an introduction to the exhibition to media and selected guests in advance of the public opening.
- Event Date
- December 04, 2019
- Running Time
- 27 minutes, 5 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rosa Parks In Her Own Words: Press Preview. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8987/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Rosa Parks In Her Own Words: Press Preview. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8987/.
MLA citation style:
Rosa Parks In Her Own Words: Press Preview. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8987/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRosa Parks In Her Own Words: Exhibition Opening
- Contributor: Gray, Fred - Gunter, Jane - Lewis, Rep. John - Miller, Michelle - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2019-12-04
Film, VideoExhibition Opening: "Shall Not Be Denied: Women Fight for the Vote"
- Contributor: Capito, Sen. Shelley Moore - Pelosi, Rep. Nancy - James, Kay Coles - Weiss, Elaine - Roberts, Rebecca Boggs - Lawrence, Rep. Brenda - Mikulski, Sen. Barbara A. - Hayden, Carla - Blackburn, Sen. Marsha - Hegyi, Albert P.
- Date: 2019-06-04
Film, VideoThe Bayard Rustin Papers
- Contributor: Cannon, Adrienne - Ashley, John
- Date: 2013-08-28
Film, VideoTouch Tours for the Blind
- Contributor: Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2017-09-19
Film, VideoCarla Hayden, Librarian of Congress
- Contributor: Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2016-09-14