Film, Video 1941: The Year Germany Lost the War
About this Item
- 1941: The Year Germany Lost the War
- Andrew Nagorski discussed his new book, "1941: The Year Germany Lost the War," where he describes how Hitler's miscalculations and policy of terror propelled Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin into a powerful new alliance that defeated Nazi Germany.
- Event Date
- November 04, 2019
- - Andrew Nagorski is an award-winning American journalist and author who spent more than three decades as a foreign correspondent and editor, serving in Berlin, Bonn, Rome, Moscow and Warsaw. His earlier books relate to Germany, Poland, Russia and Eastern Europe in general. His new book makes use of personal interviews and more recent literature on the crucial year of 1941 to expose the pivotal moments, actions and decisions that produced the outcomes of World War II that are usually taken for granted.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 4 minutes, 41 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
: The Year Germany Lost the War. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8989/.
APA citation style:
(2019) : The Year Germany Lost the War. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8989/.
MLA citation style:
: The Year Germany Lost the War. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8989/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOn the Finland Watch: An American Diplomat in Finland
- Contributor: Cooper, James Ford
- Date: 2019-04-24
Film, VideoFrido Mann: Democracy Will Win
- Contributor: Mann, Frido
- Date: 2019-10-01
Film, VideoGods of the Upper Air
- Contributor: King, Charles
- Date: 2019-12-13
Film, VideoThe Galloping Hour: French Poems by Alejandra Pizarnik
- Contributor: Morales, Anna Deeny - Gander, Forrest - Ferrari, Patricio
- Date: 2019-03-06
Film, VideoA Panel Discussion on Torture, Detainees and the U.S. Military
- Date: 2007-07-11