Film, Video Life of a Poet: Reginald Dwayne Betts
About this Item
- Life of a Poet: Reginald Dwayne Betts
- Acclaimed poet Reginald Dwayne Betts discusses his life, career and art with Ron Charles, book critic at The Washington Post.
- Event Date
- November 20, 2019
- - Reginald Dwayne Betts is the author of a memoir and three books of poetry. His memoir, "A Question of Freedom: A Memoir of Learning, Survival, and Coming of Age in Prison," was awarded the 2010 NAACP Image Award for non-fiction. His books of poetry are "Shaheed Reads His Own Palm," "Bastards of the Reagan Era" and "Felon." Betts is a 2010 Soros Justice Fellow, 2011 Radcliffe Fellow and 2012 Ruth Lilly and Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Fellow. In 2012, Betts was appointed to the Coordinating Council of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention by President Obama. He is a graduate of Prince George's Community College, the University of Maryland, the MFA Program at Warren Wilson College, and is currently a doctoral student at Yale Law School.
- - Ron Charles is a book critic at The Washington Post. For several years, he was the editor of The Post's "Book Work" and edited the "Poet's Choice" column. His reviews have won the National Book Critics Circle Award for best criticism and 1st place for Arts & Entertainment Commentary from the Society for Features Journalism. Washingtonian Magazine named him as one of the 40 people who shaped DC in 2010.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 22 minutes, 21 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Life of a Poet: Reginald Dwayne Betts. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8992/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Life of a Poet: Reginald Dwayne Betts. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8992/.
MLA citation style:
Life of a Poet: Reginald Dwayne Betts. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8992/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLife of a Poet: Diane Seuss
- Contributor: Seuss, Diane - Charles, Ron
- Date: 2019-05-14
Film, VideoLife of a Poet: Carmen Giménez Smith
- Contributor: Charles, Ron - Giménez Smith, Carmen
- Date: 2019-09-11
Film, VideoLife of a Poet: Terrance Hayes
- Contributor: Charles, Ron - Hayes, Terrance
- Date: 2016-09-29
Film, VideoLife of a Poet: Brenda Shaughnessy
- Contributor: Charles, Ron - Shaughnessy, Brenda
- Date: 2017-02-07
Film, VideoThe Life of a Poet: Dana Levin
- Contributor: Levin, Dana - Charles, Ron
- Date: 2017-04-04