Film, Video The Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy
About this Item
- The Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy
- Upon the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, Hope M. Harrison and Constanze Stelzenmuller discuss with John Haskell the historic event and its effect on the world and the future of democracy.
- Event Date
- December 05, 2019
- - Constanze Stelzenmuller is an expert on German, European and transatlantic foreign and security policy and strategy. She is also the inaugural Robert Bosch senior fellow in the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution and is the Kissinger Chair in Foreign Policy and International Relations at the John W. Kluge Center in the Library of Congress.
- - Hope M. Harrison is an expert on the Berlin Wall, the Cold War and contemporary Germany, and is sssociate professor of history and international affairs in the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University. She is the author of the new book, "After the Berlin Wall: Memory and the Making of the New Germany, 1989 to the Present."
- - John Haskell is the director of the John W. Kluge Center in the Library of Congress.
- Running Time
- 1 hours 10 minutes 11 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9011/.
APA citation style:
(2019) The Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9011/.
MLA citation style:
The Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9011/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCreative or Destructive Force? COVID-19, Russia & European Democracies Constanze Stelzenmüller and Andrew Weiss discuss what systems are handling the pandemic better and why, how the European Union is dealing with the pandemic, internal politics in Russia, and how all of...
- Contributor: Weiss, Andrew - Haskell, John - Stelzenmüller, Constanze
- Date: 2020-06-10
Film, VideoAndrea Campbell on the Safety Net in a Time of Crisis Kluge Center Director John Haskell interviewed Massachusetts Institute of Technology political scientist and recent Kluge Chair in American Law and Governance Andrea Campbell on what we've learned about the safety net and...
- Contributor: Campbell, Andrea - Haskell, John
- Date: 2020-08-13
Film, VideoDanielle Allen Takes on the Hard Questions on Democracy and Public Life John Haskell and new Kluge Prize recipient Danielle Allen discuss some of the difficult questions in public life today.
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Allen, Danielle
- Date: 2020-07-02
Film, VideoU.S. Fiscal Policy in the Wake of COVID-19 John W. Kluge Center Director John Haskell talks with economist Jason J. Fichtner on fiscal policy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Fichtner and Haskell will consider the tools available to...
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Fichtner, Jason
- Date: 2020-07-23
Film, VideoPolitics of Culture, Culture of Politics: Europe in the 21st Century Kluge Center Director John Haskell interviewed Ivan Krastev on the connection between culture and politics in the European Union. The event was co-hosted by the European Delegation and the Embassy of Bulgaria...
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Krastev, Ivan
- Date: 2019-05-09