Film, Video Jason Reynolds: National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Inauguration
About this Item
- Jason Reynolds: National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Inauguration
- Jason Reynolds was inaugurated by Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden as the seventh National Ambassador for Young People's Literature at a ceremony at the Library of Congress. For his two-year term as National Ambassador for Young People's Literature, Reynolds will visit small towns across America to have meaningful discussions with young people. The National Ambassador program was established by the Library of Congress, the Children's Book Council and its foundation, Every Child a Reader, in 2008 to emphasize the importance of young people's literature as it relates to lifelong literacy, education and the development and betterment of the lives of young people. Outgoing ambassador Jacqueline Woodson participated in the ceremony.
- January 16, 2020
- - Carla Hayden is the 14th Librarian of Congress.
- - Jason Reynolds is the author of 13 books for young people including his most recent, "Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks," a National Book Award finalist, which was named a Best Book of 2019 by NPR, the New York Times, the Washington Post and Time. A native of Washington, D.C., Reynolds began writing poetry at nine years old, and is the recipient of a Newbery Honor, a Printz Honor, an NAACP Image Award, and multiple Coretta Scott King Award honors.
- 1 hours 13 minutes 56 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jason Reynolds: National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Inauguration. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9017/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Jason Reynolds: National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Inauguration. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9017/.
MLA citation style:
Jason Reynolds: National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Inauguration. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9017/>.