Film, Video Library of Congress Crowdsourcing: By the People
About this Item
- Library of Congress Crowdsourcing: By the People
- The Library's crowdsourcing program, "By the People," invites the public to become virtual volunteers, exploring and learning about the digital collections of the Library of Congress as they transcribe documents to enhance search, accessibility and digital research possibilities. The project team shared program and platform development, successes and challenges at the one-year mark, and future directions.
- Event Date
- December 03, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 28 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library of Congress Crowdsourcing: By the People. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9018/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Library of Congress Crowdsourcing: By the People. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9018/.
MLA citation style:
Library of Congress Crowdsourcing: By the People. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9018/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBy the People Teacher Webinar: Crowdsourcing at the Library of Congress
- Contributor: Algee, Lauren - Lederle, Cheryl - Gehant, Sarah
- Date: 2019-02-12
Film, VideoRevealing and Uniting Hidden Recordings of Irish Traditional Music
- Contributor: Egan, Patrick - Miller, Matt - Van Hyning, Victoria - Saylor, Nicole - Groce, Nancy
- Date: 2019-08-29
Film, VideoLetters to Lincoln Challenge
- Contributor: Melgar, Christian - Hayden, Carla D. - Krowl, Michelle - Ferriter, Meghan
- Date: 2018-11-19
Film, VideoRep. Juanita Millender-McDonald Delivers Keynote Address for African American History Month
- Contributor: Millender-McDonald, Rep. Juanita
- Date: 2007-02-08
Film, VideoRep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Delivers Keynote Address for Women's History Month
- Contributor: Wasserman Schultz, Debbie
- Date: 2007-03-14