Film, Video Whistleblowing in Historical Context: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
About this Item
- Whistleblowing in Historical Context: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- The 2020 Cary and Ann Maguire Lecture, titled "Whistleblowing in Historical Context: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly," featured a panel discussion by representatives from the realms of medical research, national security and congressional committees.
- Event Date
- January 14, 2020
- - John Haskell is the director of the John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress.
- - Carl Elliott is a professor in the Center for Bioethics at the University of Minnesota and the current Cary and Ann Maguire Chair in Ethics and American History at the John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress.
- - Allison Stanger is a professor of international politics and economics at Middlebury College.
- - Emilia DiSanto is the former deputy inspector general to the U.S. State Department and chief investigative counsel and special counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 27 minutes, 6 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Whistleblowing in Historical Context: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9022/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Whistleblowing in Historical Context: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9022/.
MLA citation style:
Whistleblowing in Historical Context: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9022/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPolitics of Culture, Culture of Politics: Europe in the 21st Century
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Krastev, Ivan
- Date: 2019-05-09
Film, VideoCandice Millard on James Garfield
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Millard, Candice
- Date: 2019-09-18
Film, VideoPerspectives on Congressional Policymaking
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Smith, Lamar - Lee, Frances
- Date: 2019-10-03
Film, VideoThe Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy
- Contributor: Harrison, Hope M. - Stelzenmuller, Constanze - Haskell, John
- Date: 2019-12-05
Film, VideoThe Future of Political Parties
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Masket, Seth - Victor, Jennifer Nicoll - Levin, Yuval
- Date: 2018-05-21